Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 2021 07:13:51 +0000
From:      Graham Perrin <grahamperrin@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Microphone stopped working in Frefox and Chrome

On 21/01/2021 14:49, Tomasz CEDRO wrote:

> Hello world :-)
>
> Microphone stopped working in Frefox and Chrome. It works fine with
> Audacity. I am unable to attend videocalls anymore from a FreeBSD box
> where is worked fine recently.. no matter if google chat or zoom :-(
>
> Did anyone observe such problem?
>
> Tomek

uname -a

– what's the output?

Was any system or port/package update performed before the problem began?

Is the microphone integral? If so, can you test it with a live system?
If not, can you test it with a different computer?

The usual: knowing about hardware will help.

Also, knowledge of the sound systems and preferences, and so on.

For simplicity, please consider sharing a probe of the affected setup;
<https://bsd-hardware.info/>.

Thanks