Date:      Sat, 4 Aug 2001 09:07:01 -0400
From:      "Jerry Bell" <jerry@stelesys.com>
To:        "faisal gillani" <fasi_74@yahoo.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: proxy server

There's two ways to do it:
Compile and install squid (/usr/ports/www/squid24).  Follow the docs on
configuring it.
Either change the web browser settings of each computer on your network to
point to the squid box, or set up another BSD box (or the same) as a
firewall to transparently divert outbound port 80 traffic to the proxy.

I believe squid's home page and mailing list archive's have a lot more info.

Jerry
http://www.syslog.org