Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:51:15 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Roman Shterenzon <roman@xpert.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/mail/pine4 Makefile (fwd)

On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 02:41:30AM +0200, Roman Shterenzon wrote:

> Perhaps I'll move to mutt, the same command gives only 92 occurrences :)
> Mutt on the other hand has sgid binary installed..

I haven't looked at mutt yet - of course, just grepping for functions
is a poor indicator of the security of a program, but in the case of
pine it is so blatant (and the authors have a bad enough track record)
as to leave little doubt there are others which are remotely
exploitable aside from the currently known exploitable ones.

Kris