Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2001 17:21:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        Thomas Runge <runge@rostock.zgdv.de>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xmradio?

> xmradio can do that. Although there are problems with recording and the
> FreeBSD drivers. Some sound cards can only sample with 8bit/8kHz.
> At least on NetBSD, sampling works like expected.

Well, I dont have a TV card and so no use for Toms xmradio. But Tom raised
a general question. Which soundcard would you suggest ?

My ISA YAMAHA is indeed limited to 8bit/8kHz (with FreeBSD).
Somebody offered some PCI soundblaster card. Better ?
Or Turtle Beach ? Another card he has in his bin.

Thanks,

H.