Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:56:17 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@ares.trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        John Brann <john@brann.org>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems building native jdk122 alpha

Hi John,

> Trying to build the alpha port, patchset 10.
> jdk118 (native) and jdk122 (linux) both installed in /usr/local
>
> Patches work fine.
>
> Environment variables:
> ALT_BOOTDIR=/usr/local/linux-jdk1.2.2/
> ALT_MOTIF_DIR=/usr/X11R6
> ALT_ODBCDIR=/usr/local
>
> CLASSPATH, JAVA_HOME and JAVA_COMPILER are not set
>
> Going straight to a 'gmake release-images' the build dies with:
>
> Constructing Javadoc information...

> javadoc: In doclet class GenDocletBeanInfo,  method start has thrown an exception java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/john/Development/wip/java/source-jdk1.2.2/work/build/freebsd/lib/i386/libawt.so: /home/john/Development/wip/java/source-jdk1.2.2/work/build/freebsd/bin/../lib/i386/libmlib_image.so: Undefined symbol ".L168"
>
> This symbol '.L168' doesn't appear in any of the linux jdk122 shared
> libraries.
>
> Any ideas?

What Motif library are you using?  I'd check it (and any other shared
libraries libmlib_image.so is linked against) for the symbol.  You should
then tweak the make file to load in the extra libraries necessary to
resolve this symbol.

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083