Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:18:46 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel panic when bringing up a VLAN interface and netgraph

At 06:32 PM 8/27/2001 -0400, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>At 06:16 PM 8/27/2001 -0400, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>>At 05:20 PM 8/27/2001 -0400, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>>
>>>On a new machine I am trying to bring up a trunked port to my vlan
>>>interface.  This is with the most recent fxp patches and STABLE as of
>>>this afternoon
>>
>>4.4-RC FreeBSD 4.4-RC #0: Mon Aug 27 16:46:47 EDT 2001
>>
>>OK, here is a backtrace. If there is more info required, let me know.
>

>It seems something to do with netgraph. If I remove all of the netgraph
>options from the kernel, I am ok.

options         NETGRAPH_CISCO
options         NETGRAPH_FRAME_RELAY

These two seem to be the culprit.  Normally I just comment them out and
never use them, but in my haste I left them in.  If I take them out, all
works as expected.  With these two, the box panics.

I have submitted a PR with the necessary info. I doubt too many people make
use of all these options together, so I guess its not a big priority.

         ---Mike