Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 00:28:32 -0500
From:      "Jon Noack" <noackjr@compgeek.com>
To:        "Alexander Stuy" <astuy@bio.fsu.edu>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: freebsd release to fix FreeBSD-SA-02:28.resolv ?

> Any chance of their being some sort emergency release of freebsd
> (4.6.1?) not vulnerable to FreeBSD-SA-02:28.resolv

It's fixed in RELENG_4_6.  The official title is FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE-p1, I
believe.  cvsup up to that branch (using
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile as a template) or patch your
existing src (using the patch from the advisory), build and install world
and you're good to go.  Unfortunately this requires a build world as it's
used all over the place...

As for an emergency release, I wouldn't think so (this type of thing is the
reason we have the RELENG_4_* security branches in the first place) -- then
again, I'm just a user and have no official knowledge.

Jon