Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 1997 11:36:18 +0100 (CET)
From:      Sascha Blank <blank@sliphost37.uni-trier.de>
To:        weldon@excelsus.com (Weldon S Godfrey 3)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: idletime in login.conf

Hello Weldon,

Weldon S Godfrey 3 has written recently:
> I want to set a idletime logout a single account (or login class)
>
> I placed in /etc/login.conf and ran cap_mkdb...I also tried placing a
> .login_conf in the user directory.
>
> The entry looked liked this
>
> lgroup|Login group:idletime=20s:
>
> and used "me" indtead of lgroup for .login_access
>
> the user is set to login group "lgroup" in the master.passwd file and the
> password database is recompiled (used the vipw command)
>
> and it never logout after idle time exceeded

The login.conf in 2.2.5-RELEASE has some parameters which have no
effect yet. One of them is "idletime". So no matter what value you
assign to it, it will no work.

--
             Sascha Blank - mailto:blank@fox.uni-trier.de
  Student and System Administrator at the University of Trier, Germany