Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:00:35 +0200
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <UZS106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hi Everybody ....

Hi, I wouldnt describe myself as a soldier but in this context, ok ;-)

I am experimenting with 3.1, after some weeks 2.1.5. My first interest was
to set up some kind of mailbox with apache, lynx, kermit, ppp and I think
when I have gone tru this I can do everything......

Well, to do internet wouldnt be bad too ;-)

In this context I have a problem. Never compiled anything, this will last
some weeks, I find here tun0 and ppp0. Ready to use. Isnt it possible to
make a simple network for the Win 95 box (or an old Dosbox) with FreeBSD as
the router with a nullmodemcable using maybe ppp0 and the modem using tun0 ?

One could give internet lessons or something like that with such a
configuration.

I do have two 3com ethernet cards but win 95 gives the impression that it
doesnt like them.

Lots of more questions but lets start here (without spamming
comp.unix.bsd.*) ;-)

Heiko
--
http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~recktenw/vertigo/