Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:08:52 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wouter Van Hemel <wvhemel@vub.ac.be>
To:        Pierre Fontaine <fontaine@ftpresse.fr>, Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        "'freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Translation ?

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:

> Pierre Fontaine said on Sep 19, 2001 at 17:29:42:
> > Good morning or afternoon or whatever...
> >
> > I just write a quick, even if my motivation is not as light as this mail,
> > cause I would really love to join one of your translation teams. I would of
> > course translate from English to French as I am a poor French ;)
> > I really care about your project, as I care about all free mind projects in
> > the world.
> > So please let me know if I can help you in any kind of work.
>
> The French version of the handbook seems pretty out of date.
> I had a look and there is an email address of a French FreeBSD
> translation team given there <freebsd-france@freebsd.francenet.fr>
> -- have you tried contacting them?
>
> I don't know the official situation: I'm new on the -doc myself; the
> main doc guys seem to be busy right now (handbook publication
> deadlines, etc).  Anyway, if no activity is going on, I'd say it would
> be useful to start.  I'd like to help but I'm not sure to what extent:
> I can read French but can't really write it, at least not
> grammatically...

Same here, my French isn't good enough to really write in it, especially
not technical language. But if you need anything reviewed or if I can help
you out a bit, let me know...

Likewise, if anybody thinks there's use for a Dutch translation (this is
probably rather useless), speak up...

But on the whole I think I'll stick to English, and maybe learning those
sgml tags to faciliate things. Any pointers to specific info on those?

> - Rahul

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-doc" in the body of the message

/ wouter