Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 23:10:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: commercial software (definitive)

 (John Kelly) <jak@cetlink.net> alleged:

 % On Fri, 15 May 1998 16:03:11 -0500 (EST), "John S. Dyson"
 % <dyson@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
 %
 % >Again, working on GPLed code isn't a sin or anything like that,
 % >but it is important to understand what the limitations are.
 %
 % The limitations appear to be imaginary.  Red Hat and Caldera don't
 % seem to have trouble selling products which include GPLed code.

But they do sell the source, too.  That's the sticking point for
commercial products.
Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                     http://www.softweyr.com/~softweyr
Softweyr llc                                           mailto:wes@softweyr.com