Date:      05 Dec 1999 14:40:35 +0100
From:      Simon J Mudd <sjmudd@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Applixware on puny PCs

noway@nohow.demon.co.uk (Jose Marques) writes:

> I notice that Applixware will soon to be released for FreeBSD.  Does
> anybody have any experience of running Applixware on something as small as
> a Libretto 70CT?  Can it cope with only 32MB of RAM and a 640x480 screen?

This may not be applicable, but I've used applix 4.3.1 on Linux with a
486/80 and 64MB of RAM.  X is slow, but once started it works.  Applix
too takes a while to load, but once started is useable.  The screen I
have however is a 17" monitor at 1024x768 but I think a standard VGA
screen will work even if it's not ideal.  I'm not sure what processor
or RAM you have on your Libretto 70CT, but would think that the
important thing is having enough RAM, otherwise you will probably pay
the price of swapping heavily.

Hope this information is useful (In this context I don't think there
will be any significant differences between linux and FreeBSD.)

Simon
--
Simon J Mudd, Madrid SPAIN    Tel: +34-91-408 4878    email: sjmudd@pobox.com