Date:      Fri, 12 May 1995 01:58:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark Steven Tamola <buckwild@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   a couple questions...

dear all,

well, i just installed 2.0-snap-950412 even though i knew i should've
waited for 2.05 to come out, and i must say that the system has
definitely come a long, long way!  i switched about a year ago from
freebsd-1.1 to netbsd just to see what the other hoopla was all about and
then just last week i finally got a 486 box to replace my old 386 (while
everyone else is upgrading from 486 to 586) and wanted to try the latest
release of freebsd.  so much has changed that it took me a while to see
how everything worked!  the new install is pretty dope and it was very
easy for me to set it up...no problems at all (except for a couple small
bugs in the distribution installation part that were no big deal).  i am
very impressed!

just a few questions now:

1.  how reliable is ibcs2 binary compatibility?  will i be able to buy
anything through mail order and run it on my system?

2.  when is linux emulation coming?  netbsd has it now and is something i
enjoyed playing with.

3.  i noticed a lot of the man pages are very non-standard in their
formatting (the bsd man pages were all the same but a bunch of others
like the gnu pages and some handmade ones were formatted all wrong).  is
there a group that deals with documentation?  since i'm not the most
adept programmer is there a way i can contribute by fixing the
documentation up?  (i also noticed a bunch of incorrect references to
commands on some pages.)

sincerely,

-m