Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:57:04 -0700
From:      Erick Mechler <emechler@techometer.net>
To:        Nuno Teixeira <nunotex@pt-quorum.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where is bzip2recover?

::     I need bzip2recover to try to fix a bzip2 corrupted file but it isn't
::     installed with the base system.
::
::     My system is:
::     FreeBSD 4.7-PRERELEASE #0: Tue Sep 17 14:07:24 WEST 2002

I'm not sure why it's not installed in the installworld upgrade process (I
find the same thing on multiple machines here), but the Makefile in
/usr/src/contrib/bzip2/ does seem to support the building and installation
of that binary.  At any rate, just cd into /usr/src/contrib/bzip2/, and run
'make bzip2recover'.  Then just copy the resulting binary into /usr/bin/
and you're all set.

Cheers - Erick