Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2008 20:41:33 -0500
From:      Steven Friedrich <FreeBSD@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnome2 requires xscreensaver-gnome, conflicts with xscreensaver

I am running 7.0-RC2.  I have both kde and gnome installed, but I'm wondering
how I did it, because I'm trying to force a reinstall of gnome2 and it's
trying to install xscreensaver-gnome, which fails because xscreensaver is
installed, which kde wants.

I checked the ports on freebsd.org and it claims gnome2 has a dependency on
xscreensaver-gnome2-hacks.  I update my ports daily, so I don't know why my
gnome2 (2.20.2) still wants xscreensaver-gnome.

I like having kde and gnome selectable from kdm.

Am I doing something wrong?  I bought "Absolute FREEBSD, 2nd edition", but
Michael chose to not tackle portupgrade.  I've been using FreeBSD since the
first book came out (like 1.5.1 or something).  I'm still struggling with
ports and dependencies...