Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 2010 19:45:00 +0100
From:      Philipp Ost <pj@smo.de>
To:        Zoran <zoran@fooboo.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: happy hacker lite 2 keyboard

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------ms010103010307010809060508

Zoran wrote:
> I consider buying new keyboard and found happy hacker lite 2
> model suiting fine. Is there someone on the list with expe-
> rience using it?

I have one in use since ~5 years. The typing feel is a lot better=20
compared to the Logitech keyboard I had before.

The only problem I have with mine is that it's not usable with the boot=20
loader menu. It seems to be hardware related as it works fine with other =

computers (using different chipsets).

> I'm aware I should change rc.conf to meet it's
> 65 key layout. Also, how xorg.conf has to look like in this
> situation?

The only keyboard-specific thing I have in my rc.conf is 'keymap=3D"us.is=
o"'.

My xorg.conf contains the following entries in the "InputDevice" section:=

Option "XkbRules"   "xorg"
Option "XkbModel"   "pc101"
Option "XkbLayout"  "us"

I say it should work right out of the box ;-) In addition, I did=20
configure a .xmodmaprc to get umlauts, etc.

HTH,
Philipp

--------------ms010103010307010809060508--