Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:22:42 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 5.3 beta1 is no go for me.

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 10:56:02AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Monday 30 August 2004 10:06 am, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> > In message <20040830122945.GL59909@cicely12.cicely.de>, Bernd Walter
> > writes:
> >
> > It does boot the 5.0-RC1 CD I have lying around:
>
> I "fixed" the eisa code to actually include eisaconf.c on Alpha in between 5.1
> and 5.2 I think, so the problem is likely in the eisa code rather than the
> PCI bus numbering.

I know the EISA addition very well - I don't think anyone ever had been
running an AS1000A since that.
But after reducing the probed slot numbers Poul gets over the EISA part
and there's no other point where EISA by itself should have influences.
On the other hand we are tracking 13 month of -current development.
Not unlikely that unrelated things have changed that broke this
platform - don't you think that holes in PCI numbering could be special
to that platform and there were enough PCI and bus changes in the
last 13 month?
I can only judge the situation from the boot output and what might
come next - more guessing right now than anything else.
That includes probing pci2 and isa, but not eisa.

Does anyone know how to find out which code triggered the trap,
whithout spreading printf?
I'm not very familar with SRM debugging features.

bernd@bwct.de                                  info@bwct.de