Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 12:53:16 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jdli@FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw (Jian-Da Li)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Re-Export NFS-partition ?!

> >>=20
> >> 	Well, if local HD is not large enough, and wants to provide
> >> 	NFS installation ?!  (such as 2.1.0-RELEASE)
> >
> > Easy. mount it from the system you want to "reeexport" instead of
> > from the system you want to do the "reexporting".
>
> 	Errr...I knew it.....  :)
> 	How about export NFS partitions from a machine behind the firewall ?!
> 	:)

Firewalling incoming mounts is a security problem.

Firewalling outgoing mounts is an administrative mistake.

In any case, I suggest you mount a CDROM locally and create a symlink
tree in the NFS directory containing the mount point to allow NFS
install from CDROM.

Assuming you can't convince your administration that they are mistaken.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.