Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 1995 15:14:30 +0100 (MET)
From:      Piero Serini <piero@strider.ibenet.it>
To:        hostmaster@host.bemarnet.es (Antonio Navarro Navarro)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with mail reception

Hello.

Quoting from Antonio Navarro Navarro (Wed Nov  8 20:17:21 1995):
> machine is host.bemarnet.es, and I need to send and receive mail
> using addresses like
> antonio@bemarnet.es instead of antonio@host.bemarnet.es.
> How can I do It ? Nowadays I can receive

ORA book on Sendmail will tell you everything. In short, you have
to go under /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf and read the README file,
then insert

MASQUERADE_AS(bemarnet.es)dnl

in your mc file, run it through m4 and install the output as
/etc/sendmail.cf

THIS CAN LEAD TO YOU LOSING ALL YOUR E-MAIL CAPABILITIES, so
please be sure you

1) backed up the current sendmail.cf file
2) you either read the book on sendmail or you get competent advice.

FYI, the book is:

Sendmail
by Brian Costales with Eric Allman and Neil Rickert
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
ISBN: 1-56592-056-2

Bye,
--
#        $Id: .signature,v 1.12 1995/08/14 12:10:54 piero Exp $
Piero Serini                                            Via Giambologna, 1