Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 21:21:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Pete Carah <pete@ns.altadena.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Another crypto problem; no kerb4 rshd/rlogind

Somehow in the internat merge the kerb4 versions of rshd and rlogind
disappeared (rshd -k; rlogind -ek and -k).  They are often used for
scripting in ways that kerberized telnet can't handle (yes, I can
use expect but what a kluge :-), or I could adapt ssh for this and
probably will, but that is problematic sometimes; it is harder to
keep audit trails than with k4).

k5 didn't implement this either at least within the fbsd "make world"
context...

If fbsd handles suid (not necessarily root) scripts correctly then it
isn't too hard to do the wrappers needed.  I've not seen whether that
is ok or not in any of the normal docs.

-- Pete