Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2004 23:34:16 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        peter.lai@uconn.edu
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gd versions

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 05:12:33PM -0500, Peter C. Lai wrote:
> I have a stupid question about the gd library. Will gd 2.0.5 coexist with
> gd 1.8.4 or would you pkg_delete gd 1.8.4 before installing 2.0.5?

They will coexist peacefully.  FYI, conflicting ports (that stomp on
files installed by another port) are being marked as such and will
refuse to install, so you don't have to worry about this possibility
as much any more (there may still be some that have not been marked).

Kris

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0--