Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:53:40 +1030 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Epox EP-8KTA+ and Advansys 3940-U2W

On 29-Nov-00 Greg Lehey wrote:
> > would do a test by dd'ing /dev/zero to it when compression is on but
> > I don't have any spare tapes <sigh>)
>  Have you checked the host adaptor settings?

No I hadn't, but they seem fine (eg every ID is set for wide and 80mb/sec)

> > I also have a Diamond Touch keyboard (with the crappy
> > power/wakeup/sleep keys) which doesn't get detected if atkbdc0 has
> > flags 0x1 set :(
>  Hmm.  I have one of those too, and have used it with my 7KXA with no
>  problems.  But I haven't tried the keyboard flags.  Are you sure this
>  isn't simply a bug in the keyboard driver?

Well, the GENERIC kernel has 'flags 0x1' set by default which means that this
keyboard _doesn't_ work with a generic keyboard - quite frustrating.

Hmm I just tried my custom kernel with flags 0x1 set using the visual config editor
but the keyboard works..

Most confusing :-/

I will try and investigate this a bit more before the machine flies away...

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum