Date:      Mon, 08 Jul 96 13:16:00 cdt
From:      "McKinley, Rob" <mckinley@spss.com>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
Cc:        questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: i have a question

 ----------
From:  Tim Vanderhoek[SMTP:hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca]
Sent:  Monday, July 08, 1996 12:53 PM
To:  Chuck Robey
Cc:  Tim Vanderhoek; Derek Law; questions

On Mon, 8 Jul 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:

> Just to make that a little clearer, it's fine to read the dos
partition,
> but the risky part comes in WRITING TO the dos partition.  I've never
> seen the least problem reading the data.  Probably safest to do the
mount
> as a read only mount.

On my 2.2-960501-SNAP system here, just listing some of the files on my
DOS
slice will cause all my FreeBSD partitions to become ruined well beyond
my
ability to repair.  Maybe a bug in the -SNAP code I didn't hear about.

Ditto for me as well with the June 2.2 snap.  MTBF was a little under an
hour :-(

Floppies, of course, mount finely.

 --
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk

Rob