Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2011 19:58:22 -0700
From:      Michael DeMan <freebsd@deman.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   hast+zfs and pool expansion via disk replacements

Hi All,

We are thinking about trying out a 2-way or 3-way mirror for a filer =
based on FreeBSD, with HAST and ZFS.

With traditional ZFS for expanding capacity in what I think of as a =
traditional 'stripe over mirrors' - it is quite easy by replacing say =
500GB disks one at a time with 2TB in a given mirrored unit.

How does this work if we are using hast?  Is it transparent?  Is it =
impossible?  Is it possible to do and still be 24x7 with a little bit of =
command line work?

Thanks,

- Mike DeMan