Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:21:19 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Paolo <paolo@linux.netline.it>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: to log the output of rc scripts

--z4+8/lEcDcG5Ke9S

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 06:35:24PM +0200, Paolo wrote:
> Hi all!
> 	I need to administer remotely a bunch of freebsd boxes. I would
> be very useful to have access to the output of the rc scripts to see, for
> example, if a cvsup session has worked correctly...
> Is it there an option to force logging the output of the rc scripts?
> Would it be useful if I started working on the subject?

I believe that, in general, 'dmesg -a' should do what you want.  A quick
and easy solution, off the top of my head, would be to add an
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/ZZZZZZZZ.savemessages.sh script, which does
something like dmesg -a > /var/log/dmesg-afterboot.log or the like.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

--z4+8/lEcDcG5Ke9S

--z4+8/lEcDcG5Ke9S--