Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 1996 14:43:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
To:        ian_stewart@nyro.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can FreeBSD be used in a commercial way?

On Tue, 6 Feb 1996, Ian H. Stewart wrote:

> >How do you define "complete OS" such that FreeBSD doesn't already meet
> >the definition?
>
> I agree that it is a complete OS. I want to use it as a foundation
> for a better
> OS. It depends on what you consider complete for the market you
> are targeting.

Granted.  What sort of innovations did you have in mind to add?
(I don't suppose you'd consider contributing to the further development
of FreeBSD rather than going off in your own direction?  :)

> I simply want to add value (in software & service) and then
> be able to sell it under my label.

Well, regardless of the software and re-labeling issues (Jordan probably
has the definitive answers on those), you are certainly always free to
offer service and support for FreeBSD...

Dave

David Walton                                     Programmer
PSI INTERNATIONAL, Inc.                          email: dwalton@psiint.com
190 South Orchard #C200                          Fax  :(707)451-6484
Vacaville, CA 95688                              Phone:(707)451-3503