Date:      Sat, 25 Aug 2001 13:48:27 -0500
From:      darren <backdoc@netdoor.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   php, mysql and apache

I'm not positive if this question is appropriate for this list.  I posted to
newbie yesterday and received help, but I also received a notice that I might
have posted it to the wrong list.  So, my apologies if I'm not on the right
list.

Anyhow, I'm trying to get apache, php and mysql running.  I have installed
them from /usr/ports.

From pkg_info, these are the ports that I have installed.

apache+mod_ssl-1.3.19+2.8.2 The Apache 1.3 webserver with SSL/TL functionality
mod_php4-4.0.4pl1   PHP4 module for Apache
mysql-client-3.23.36 Multithreaded SQL database (client)

My web page looks like this:  www.crotchett.com
It is supposed to look like this:  www2.netdoor.com/~backdoc

It seems to me that Apache is not parsing the php scripts.  When you go to
crotchett.com, the default index file is index.php3.  So, it is being noticed
by httpd.conf.  But, it doesn't handle the php include() statements inside of
it.

I have edited the DirectoryIndex in my httpd.conf file to include index.php3.

I have also edited it to include:
        AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

I copied php.ini-dist to /usr/local/lib/php.ini.

What else am I missing?

Darren