Date:      Mon, 30 May 2005 22:24:50 +0300
From:      "Vladimir Chukharev" <chu@h33.erkki.ton.tut.fi>
To:        "Doug Rabson" <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newest loader from CVS not working

On Sun, 29 May 2005 21:06:32 +0300, Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com> wrote:

>> I tryed the attached patch on my pentium-m notebook,
>> it did NOT help, still immediate reboot.
>>
>> Do you have more suggestions?
>
> Not very good ones, I'm afraid. Are there still uses of xmm and/or mm
> registers when you disassemble the code generated this time?

FWIW, I found in 'info gcc' that pentium-m has everything like
pentium3/pentium3m plus SSE2. Since pentium3m does not break
loader for me, I am trying now -mno-sse2 in nearly all Makefile-s
in /usr/src/sys/boot. I also put -mno-sse3 -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-3dnow
to the same places. If this helps, I'll inform... About registers also.

--
V.Chukharev