Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 2002 11:29:19 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: List of big names ...

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 02:53:40AM -0600, Chad Albert wrote:
> For Web servers, netcraft can help you out too.  In particular, their
> "longest uptime on the internet" page may be of particular interest if you
> are pro FreeBSD.
> http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/today/top.avg.html
> No really, you see Linux on the list every once in a while ;-)

One thing I haven't seen enough mention made of in this context are a
few interesting sites running FreeBSD.  Let's see: everyone here
should know about Yahoo.com by now...

Then there's apache.org:

    http://www.netcraft.com/Survey/Reports/200211/developers/apache.html

Netcraft themselves:

    http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.netcraft.com

Lets see: that's the biggest site on the Internet (or so I hear ---
certainly it's in the top ten), the people who make the world's most
popular HTTP server software and the people whose business it is to know
just about everything there is to know about web serving.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
                                                      Marlow