Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:09:45 +0100
From:      Alex <FreeBSD@cybertron.tmfweb.nl>
To:        "Jerry Carner" <jcarner@carolina.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Updating Java ports (with mergeupdate) [was Re: Okay... it clicked...]

Hello Jerry,

JC> Sorry to bother...

JC> After further looking (and then hitting myself for not seeing it sooner...)
JC> I went to my handbook  (I know... RTFM..) and found the section on ports.
JC> However, I have JSDK 1.2 in my ports directory on my box, and need to figure
JC> out how to update to the ports listed in the Java section of your site.  If
JC> you have any direct advice on this to speed things up.. please feel free to
JC> drop me a line.  Otherwise.. I'll keep reading.

You can use CVSup to update the source files for all the java files.
You specify what group of ports you wan't to update in a seperate file
give to cvsup in the argument.

You also wanna install the port mergeupdate? This know how to update
the installed ports without causeing a trouble. I can't help you
futher, since i don't have a server running at the time.

Ppl will be happy to anwser you quistion, thats what this maillist is
for. Its always nice to read that you have read the handbook and/or
manual pages. Your message may not get the attiontion from those who
can help you. Please check this site:
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html - It hold information on how to
get the best result from mailing this mail group.

--
Best regards,
 Alex