Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:20:05 +0200
From:      Alex <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        Morten Grunnet Buhl <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: X and tohiba Satelitte 4000CDT

MGB> f000:8083: 01 ILLIGAL EXTENDED X86 OPCODE

MGB> I suspect this to be a problem with the packages from the error
MGB> messages? I dont think the error is in the X conf file since it starts
MGB> up. Hope someone can help? maybe its a toshiba problem?
MGB> oh, and I have agp module loaded.

MGB> Morten.

Dear Morten,

My guess is that this package just wasn't build for you CPU. (A higher
type than your own. Say you got a 4x86 and they build it for a Pentium
pro)

--
Best regards,
Alex

The FreeBSD handbook
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

How to get the best results from FreeBSD-Questions
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html