Date:      Tue, 05 Feb 2002 22:18:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        drosih@rpi.edu
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Performance of -current vs -stable

In message: <p05101401b88638b62611@[128.113.24.47]>
            Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu> writes:
: Could it be due to the DDB, INVARIANTS & WITNESS options in the
: kernel?  If it is that's fine with me, I'm just wondering where
: that magnitude of a slowdown would be coming from.

No way for DDB, Maybe for Invariants, almost certainly for witness.
WITNESS is slow and tends to exagerate lock contention stalls (or so
it seems).

Warner