Date:      	Wed, 19 Jul 1995 00:17:49 -0700
From:      "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@antares.aero.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Demand dial with IIJ PPP - Round 2

	Ok, the way I've got things set up now, demand dial works
perfectly...IF AND ONLY IF I use the 'simplesite' method to
do a 'manual automatic' session first.  After running such a
session, I can kill the daemon (tell it to quit, actually, since
it's in command mode), restart it in -auto mode, and it will
work like a dream from then on.

	Unfortunately, 'netstat -r' and 'ifconfig tun0' look
absolutely identical before and after the 'manual automatic'
session.  Obviously the first, command-mode session is
initializing something...but what???

	I'll post any requested files from my other account,
since things are now up and running to the point that I can
send & receive mail over there again.

Mike O'Brien