Date:      27 Jan 1997 21:22:30 -0600
From:      Dave Marquardt <marquard@Zilker.NET>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd on Packard Bell

"John F. Diggan" <74361.2505@CompuServe.COM> writes:
> Will freebsd run on a Packard Bell system as it comes from the factory?
> Thank you for any assistance in advance

Hmmm, seems like I answered this one a few weeks ago.  Sure, I run it
on my Packard Bell at home, and I have a couple of friends who have
Packard Bell machines who also run FreeBSD on theirs.  It ran with the
hardware from the factory.  My friend who has a newer machine is
having some trouble getting his ATAPI CD-ROM drive recognized by
FreeBSD, but my CD-ROM that hangs off the Packard Bell Soundblaster
"clone" card works just fine.

-Dave