Date:      10 Dec 2000 21:17:23 -0700
From:      Jason R Mastaler <jason@mastaler.com>
To:        <kiri@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/23171: port refers to old versions of many xemacs packages

<kiri@FreeBSD.org> writes:

> Synopsis: port refers to old versions of many xemacs packages
>
> State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
> State-Changed-By: kiri
> State-Changed-When: Sat Dec 2 22:51:10 PST 2000
> State-Changed-Why:
>
> Sorry for late taking measures to meet this problem. I already committed
> with copying obsolete xemacs' packages to the private local_distfiles
> and added MASTER_SITE_LOCAL to MASTER_SITES of Makefiles. Thanks!

This is still only a temporary fix.  Did you see my previous
suggestion?

  "Instead of hardcoding specific xemacs package versions, can you do
  a >= so that the port will work properly when new versions are
  released?"

Otherwise, this port is going to continue to break each time one of
the xemacs packages is updated (which is frequent and arbitrary).