Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:01:05 +0100
From:      "Eric Lam" <ecrim@earthlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Promise Ultra 66 Support in FreeBSD 4.3

Does FreeBSD 4.3 "fully" support Promise Ultra 66 controllers?  FreeBSD 4.3
detects and sees my hard drive attached to my Ultra 66, however this error
message crops up during startup...

ad4: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ata2: resetting devices .. done
ad4: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ad4: trying fallback to PIO mode
ata2: resetting devices .. done

If it 4.3 does support Ultra 66, please detail the manner of supporting
it...  Drivers, kernel recompilation, etc...  Thanks.

Eric