Date:      Sat, 08 Jun 2002 23:13:14 -0800
From:      Mark-Nathaniel Weisman <mark@outlander.us>
To:        Matt Snow <drama@slakin.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DNS Problem...

Nope, no crack for you! A DNS entry was created somewhere, and as you said
"it only happens every now and then" you loose your pointer. One of the
servers in question, is using dynamic DNS and then loosing it upon a reboot.
Once the server is refreshed from wherever it is getting updates from, your
address then repopulates and you're back on the road again. Check with all
your upstreams, and double check that you didn't place an entry in a public
DNS server somewhere and forget to change it when you moved your stuff.
(I've done that before). Good luck.

His Faithful Servant,
Mark