Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 18:23:24 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Minlin Fan <mfan@liverpool.ac.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: videocapture.c

Amancio Hasty:
 |Not sure what is going on over there however there are plenty of folks
 |which will be able to help you .
 |From: Minlin Fan <mfan@liverpool.ac.uk>
 |Hi Amancio Hasty,
 |I have a C programe written by you from
 |www.freebsd.org/~ahasty/files/videocapture.c

Gee Amancio.  It's your code.

Minlin, let me see what I can see.  I'll take a second and give it a shot.

First, a very small nit.  Please turn off the HTML-mailing feature in the
Linux Netscape 4.05 you are running.  It obfuscates the message, and the
mail takes "alot longer" to POP across for folks with dial-up connections:

 |<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; i = 112;
 |<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; if (ioctl(bt848, METEORSCONT,
 |&amp;i) &lt; 0) {
 |<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

 |1. The " sig_t done" and " sig_t do_write" generate error in
 |compile-time.

No idea on this one.

 |2. I comment out these lines regarding " sig_t ". The compiling is
 |successful. But there are run-time errors in
 |        if (ioctl(bt848, METEORSCONT, &i) < 0) {
 |        if (ioctl(bt848, METEORSBRIG, &i) < 0) {
 |        if (ioctl(bt848, METEORSETGEO, &geo) < 0) {
 |Please help me and concentrate on the second problem. Because I got the
 |same problem in other similar program.
 |Thank you very much.

First question?  Do you have a meteor, and do you have the meteor0 device
compiled into your kernel?  If yes to the first, I'm guessing no to the
second.

If you have a BT848 (bktr) card, in Bt848-land (see
/usr/include/machine/ioctl_bt848.h), the first two should instead be
BT848_SCONT, BT848_SBRIG, and they should be issued to the tuner file
descriptor (/dev/tuner#).  The METEORSETGEO is used in Bt848-land though,
and is issued to the Bt848 file descriptor (/dev/bktr#).

You need both of these for Bt848 code:

#include <machine/ioctl_meteor.h>
#include <machine/ioctl_bt848.h>

For meteor code, presumably just the first and the symbols that are
described in the file you quoted above.

Randall