Date:      Mon, 09 Jun 2003 20:17:31 +1000
From:      "Anthony Wyatt" <anthony_wyatt@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.1 ethernet device problems? QWE

   Hi,

     I've just built a FreeBSD 5.1 system by hand, and I'm having some
   problems.

     I suspect I've missed a config file somewhere but I know not where,
   and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

     When my system starts up it tries to DHCP an IP address and I get:

   lnc0: Device timeout -- Resetting
   lnc0: Missed packet -- no recieve buffer

     I keep getting these errors for the rest of the time this machine is
   up and running.  I have exactly the same config running that was built
   from the 5.0 cd and upgraded with the sources.

     I coped the /etc dir from the working system to this broken one, and
   it didn't seem to make any difference.

     Has anyone seen this error before and know how to fix it?

   Thanks,
   Anthony

   --
   To email me add QWE to the subject

   --
   To email me add QWE to the subject

   Get mobile Hotmail. [1]Click here for more.