Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 16:40:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      Parrish Myers <parrish@engr.arizona.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Zip Drive

I like to know I you can solve a problem I am having.  I have installed
FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE.  I can't seem to mount my Zip drive.  I have an
AHA-2940 UW scsi adapter and a scsi zip drive set to id: 5.

I think I am doing this right...

mount /dev/sd0s1 /zip

The responce is a page full of error messages:

Aug 18 16:30:33 jester /kernel: sd0(ahc0:5:0): ILLEGSAL REQUEST asc:24,0
Invalid field in CDB

Aug 18 16:30:33 jester /kernel: sd0 could not mode sence (4). Using
ficticious geometry

/dev/sd0s1 on /zip: Incorrect super block.
 Academia is a little like child  | Parrish M. Myers
 rearing, it provides a chance at | Engineering Physics
 immortality without the stretch  | University of Arizona
 marks  -- (unknown source)       | parrish@intermix.engr.arizona.edu