Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2017 16:19:32 +0200
From:      Romain =?iso-8859-1?Q?Tarti=E8re?= <romain@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jason Slagle <jslagle@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd@zleslie.info, ruby@freebsd.org, tj@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] Bringing in Puppet 5

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 01:09:41PM +0000, Jason Slagle wrote:
> I have no issue giving up my maintainership if someone with commit wants
> it, but would also be interested in helping if a puppet@ was formed - I
> took maintainership to try to get some traction but pretty quickly hit so=
me
> upstream roadblocks that weren't easily solved in a way that the ports tr=
ee
> would allow.

Cool. I also contacted portmgr@ regarding setting-up a 'puppet-ports'
repository on GitHub for the puppet@ team.  The idea would of course
that you would be part of that team and have access to this repository,
even if you cannot commit into the FreeBSD ports tree.

> I can follow up with some Puppet folk - some of my upstream things are
> merged - others are still open.  Some were blockers for cfacter on FreeBS=
D.

Had you an opportunity to check the updated facter in my proposal?  I am
running this on my boxes as a replacement of rubygem-facter and it seems
to be fine.

> I plan to hack on FreeBSD Puppet stuff all day at the contributor summit =
at
> Puppetconf this year if there are others.

Unfortunately, I can't attend such events because of the costs (quite
expensive and I would have to pay for it personally, no $PAYJOB
sponsoring possible) :-(
Please note that I am based in France, and EuroBSDCon this year is in
Paris, so I guess attending it would be acceptable for me.  If we are a
bunch of Puppet users there, maybe we can organize something!

Regards,
Romain

--=20
Romain Tarti=E8re <romain@FreeBSD.org>  http://people.FreeBSD.org/~romain/
pgp: 8234 9A78 E7C0 B807 0B59  80FF BA4D 1D95 5112 336F (ID: 0x5112336F)
(plain text =3Dnon-HTML=3D PGP/GPG encrypted/signed e-mail much appreciated)

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg--