Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:45:23 +0000
From:      milton moura <miltonmoura@mail.telepac.pt>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   i4b: PCBIT PCI card support

Hi there.

I have been a Linux user for about 2 years now and I use it mainly at hom=
e on my
desktop computer to do all the usual stuff Iike programming, office work,
whatever comes handy.

Until some time ago I had a regular modem dial-up connection to my ISP, w=
hich
was recently upgraded to a ISDN 64k connection.
Along with the ISP ISDN Pack I purchased came a PCBIT PCI TigerJet Tiger3=
00
ISDN card which works perfectly under Linux with ippp and the HiSAX modul=
(loaded with these settings: insmod hisax type=3D20 protocol=3D2 id=3D"Hi=
Sax").

Just out of pure curiosity, I ordered FreeBSD-4.0 from freebsdmall a coup=
le of
weeks ago and it arrived earlier this week.
After installing, reading the docs and lots of other stuff, I came to the=
 sad
conclusion that i4b does not support my ISDN card.

I have tried to change some of the TELES card settings to see if they wou=
ld
pick up on my card (since they both rely on the SIEMENS chip) but to no a=
vail.

Does any one know if there is a "working" patch for i4b with support for =
my
card? if not, can you point me to some basic procedure to try and write a
driver for the card?

Any and all help is appreciated :)
thanks in advance.

 -