Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:38:30 -0500
From:      Christopher Schulte <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org>
To:        William Palfreman <william@palfreman.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATA fix in RELENG_4_6?

At 04:32 PM 6/21/2002 +0100, William Palfreman wrote:

[ata question snipped, I don't know the answer]

>I don't want to track _4 anymore partly because it was too unnerving
>having things like huge changes in the mail system appear between 4.5
>and 4.6.  I will be protecting myself from such big changes by following
>4_6 instead now, won't I?

Yup, but if another big subsystem changes happens before 4.7, you'll face
the issue when moving to RELENG_4_7.  Gives you time to prepare, and you
know exactly what bullet you're about to bite and when you need to throw on
the vest.

--
Christopher Schulte
http://www.schulte.org/