Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 1995 11:07:08 -0700 (MST)
From:      Stephen Waits <swaits@pr.erau.edu>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: modem (results)

On Thu, 7 Sep 1995, Steve Passe wrote:

> i have a suprafax 14.4 modem, i'll NEVER buy another supra product.
> it works ok, my beef is with their service.  it had a lightning
> strike (or other electrical disturbance) that took out the microfuse
> inside it.  i opened it up, identified the problem, removed the part,
> called them with a part number.  they refused to send me a

Frankly, I wouldn't blame Supra one bit for this.  First of all, your
modem had lightning damage.  Warranties usually do NOT cover natural
disaster, etc.  Second, you opened up the unit.  Regardless of you
knowledge, it doesn't seem to be the right thing to do.

I have many Supra 28.8's connected to a few cisco cs516's.  We have not
had a single problem with them, and they seem to work great.  In the
future, I'll be purchasing more Supra's.  Oh yah, we have adequate
lightning protection on our modems.

--Steve (http://pr.erau.edu/~swaits)