Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:20:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Arthur Peet <arthur.peet@toltec.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bpf/netgraph interaction

Ipfw divers from within the IP stack
by then it's too late.

you could diver th epackets using netgraph and filter them and then
pass them back into the eiface netgraph node to continue up.

then you tell your application to listen to the "nge"
interface.. unfortunatly another driver also produces 'nge' interfaces,
but the chance you have htat card is quite small.

[fxp0]<--->[ng_ether]<----->{filter}<--->ng_eiface<---->[IP stack]
                                            \
                                             \---BPF