Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:51:02 +0100 (CET)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        David O'Brien <obrien@nuxi.com>
Cc:        amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: AMD64 and lang/gcc3x on -CURRENT

David, Kan, AMD64 guys?

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> would you mind having a look at these?
>
>   http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/amd64-5-latest/gcc-3.2.3_1.log
>   http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/amd64-5-latest/gcc-3.3.3_20040202.log

Currently all GCC 3.x ports seem to be broken with this failure
mode:

  *** Configuration amd64-portbld-freebsd5.2 not supported
  Configure in /tmp/a/ports/lang/gcc33/work/build/gcc failed, exiting.

and my gut tells me someone renamed x86_64 to amd64 somewhere without
making proper adjustment in upstream packages or something like that.

This is a heads up that I will shortly mark all affected GCC ports BROKEN,
unless someone steps forward and fixes this (not by hacking the port, but
by submitting proper patches upstream, if needed).

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/