Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:14:27 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Matt Hamilton <matt@bad.bris.ac.uk>
To:        Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCP/FTP Performance

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Simon Shapiro wrote:

> I know I am missing something here, but it appears Alpha based.

Not that I know a huge amount about this, but could it be some byte-order
related problem?  Something to do with switching the byte order around
un-necessarily, before sticking on the wire?  Or switching it wrongly when
it gets back?

-Matt

  System Administrator                                  System Administrator
  Badock Hall                                           Clintondale Aviation
  Bristol University, UK                               Clifton Park, NY, USA
  http://www.bad.bris.ac.uk                       http://www.clintondale.com
  matt@bad.bris.ac.uk                                   matt@clintondale.com