Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 18:58:43 -0400
From:      Alan Clegg <abc@firehouse.net>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/contrib/tcsh - Imported sources

Out of the ether, Annelise Anderson spewed forth the following bitstream:

> Agreed.  So take it out and put bash in instead, and make bash the
> default user shell.  It's the default user shell in ...yeah, linux,
> but also bsd/os 4.0.  And we like all BSDs, right?

As far as BSD/OS goes, this is not correct.

vpn 5} grep root /etc/passwd
root:*:0:0:System Administrator:/root:/bin/csh

vpn 7} ls -al /bin/bash /bin/csh
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  bin  353012 Nov 17 17:59 /bin/bash
-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin   bin   93956 Nov 16 17:30 /bin/csh

AlanC {who does not use bash}
--
                                      \             Alan B. Clegg
         Just because I can            \          abc@firehouse.net