Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:19:21 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   cdcontrol and environment vars - opinions please.

How many people are using cdcontrol and defining the drive name
using one of the following environment variables: MUSIC_CD, CD_DRIVE,
DISC and CDPLAY?

I've no idea why there are so many different options - it seems a
bit daft to me.

Recently we added another one: CDROM.  What I'd like to do is
deprecate use of the others and adopt CDROM as standard.

My question to anyone using the others is whether you'd especially
mind if cdcontrol still worked with the other env names, but
complained a bit that CDROM should be used instead?

Does this sound sensible?
Joe