Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:19:04 -0500
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@scl.ameslab.gov>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FXTV and XFree86 4.0 beta (3.9.15)

Roger Hardiman wrote:

> Hi,
> Someone on the mailing list contacted me a few days
> ago reporting that FXTV does not compile with the XFree86 4.0
> beta (release 3.9.15)
>
> I've added a patch to the FXTV port now which will fix that.
> Simply get the /usr/ports/graphics/fxtv port again and rebuild
> (or download the /usr/ports/graphics/fxtv/patches/patch-ac file
>
> DGA mode does not work for me on XFree86 4.0 beta,
> but FXTV will revert to XImages mode.

Hmm, it appears to work for me--do you have the dga extension
commented out?  I noticed it was that way in the default config
file.

On another note, the gamma correction looks very nice.  I have
had problems in the past with contrast/brightness settings, and
this seems to help a bit.  It is still somewhat touchy, but most
things seem to look better..

Chris